MGT 325 Entire Course Introduction to Transportation Management-Ashford
MGT 325 Entire Course Introduction to Transportation Management
MGT 325 Entire Course Introduction to Transportation Management
MGT 325 Introduction to Transportation Management
MGT 325 Week 1 DQ 1 Strategic Advantage
In transportation management, one component to explore is how an organization’s transportation activity can help to achieve a strategic advantage for the organization. In a 250-300 word response, answer the following: What steps/actions would an organization take to determine whether the transportation activity has the appropriate internal competencies to achieve competitive advantage?
MGT 325 Week 1 DQ 2 Public Activity
To a great extent, transportation project planning is described as a public activity where purely financial return is not the overriding benefit to be attained. In a 250-300 word response give the reasons why this activity is a major part of the public activity in the U.S. economy.
MGT 325 Week 1 Quiz
Question 1: Domestic water carriers have received two major forms of federal promotion. They are:
- research that led to bigger and more powerful tugboats
- subsidies to plants that located on rivers to use barges
- the work done by the Corp of Engineers and the Coast Guard
- exempting water carrier from regulation and ice breakers on the Mississippi River
Question 2: What is the formal method used by Congress to influence national transportation?
- congressional committees
- appointment of the heads of the STB and FMC
- formulating laws
- standing committees
Which technology is used to locate specific trailer and even pallets?
The Maritime Administration (MARAD) was created to:
- pay subsidies to U.S. flag carriers who were having difficulty competing against foreign carriers.
- be certain that there would be employment for U.S. sailors and mariners
- prevent the economic decline of the U.S. flag ocean carriers
- in response to ship lines and builders wanting federal aid.
Amtrak was created to:
- relieve the railroads of the burden non profitable passenger business
- allow federal planners to create a balanced system without the profit motive of the private sector
- as a first step towards nationalization of the modes of transportation
- relieve the pressure of automobile traffic on the highways by providing an alternate mode of transport.
Please pick the correct formula for elasticity:
- % change in quantity / change in price
- % change in price / % change in quantity
- % change in quantity / % change in price
What law allowed collective rate making by the transportation carriers?
- The Sheman anti-trust act of 1890
- The Clayton Act of 1914
- The Reed-Bulwinke Act of 1948
- The Robinson-Patman Act of 1936
Which mode of has lost volume of freight between 1990 and 2006?
What was the primary reason for the creation of the U.S. interstate road way system?
- create depression era jobs
- promote manufacturing
Who determines which transportation services are available?
- the service providers
MGT 325 Week 2 DQ 1 Social Responsibility Pricing
The text discusses “Social responsibility pricing”. Some argue that a business cannot sustain itself if it practices social responsible pricing. In 200 – 250 words, either defend social responsible pricing as a viable business practice or describe why you believe that social responsible pricing c.
MGT 325 Week 2 DQ 2 Funding Highways
In 200 – 250 words assess the current method of funding for highways. In addition, include your opinion of fairness as it relates to the trucking industry. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings
MGT 325 Week 2 Mitigating Risk in Transportation Costs
Appendix 4A provides a detailed discussion of Cost Concepts in Transportation, including Accounting, Economic and Social costs. Review these costs, and in a 2 – 3 page paper, provide at least one recommendation for each on how a company could potentially mitigate risks associated with these costs..
MGT 325 Week 2 Quiz
MGT 325 Week 3 DQ 1 Measuring Performance
There are two ratios which are used to measure airline performance. One measures efficiency while the other measures equipment utilization. Is this sufficient? In 200 – 250 words, describe two other metrics you think airlines should develop to measure performance. Be sure to describe how this dat..
MGT 325 Week 3 DQ 2 CBN
Review Case 6-1 outlined in Chapter 6. In 200 – 250 words, address the following question: “Do you think that the decision to lease the locomotives was the best decision for CBN”? Be sure to respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings. ..
MGT 325 Week 3 Quiz
MGT 325 Week 4 DQ 1 Risk Management
Case 9-1 discusses Young Again Pharmaceuticals. The three options that this firm has to manage risk are risk retention, risk transfer, or a mixed approach. In 200 – 250 words, discuss your recommendations on how this company should evaluate and implement these techniques to manage risks. Be sure..
MGT 325 Week 4 DQ 2 Mitigated Risks
Given your answer to Discussion Forum 1, discuss in 200 – 250 words what you believe Young Again Pharmaceuticals should focus on once the risks are mitigated. Be sure to respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 325 Week 4 Quiz
MGT 325 Week 5 DQ 1 Audit
When deciding to form a strategic partnership, the text recommends performing an audit of needs and overall strategies with regard to logistics operations. What is the goal of the audit, and what types of information should come from the audit? Be sure to respond to at least two of your classmate..
MGT 325 Week 5 DQ 2 Green Supply Chain
What is meant by a Green Supply Chain? Identify in 200 – 250 words two techniques or processes that you could potentially propose to your organization’s supply management group to become more “Green”. Be sure to respond to at least two of your classmates’ postings.
MGT 325 Week 5 Final Paper
Focus of the Final Paper
You work as a transportation analyst for Peregrine Trucking Co. The company’s president has asked you to evaluate the potential of reducing fuel cost by using trucking equipment that is more efficient and socially conscious by proposing at least five processes or rules. Be sure to include equipment (tires, efficient engines, etc.), new rigs (tractor/trailer), and fleet operating rules as part of the five. You must also calculate the fuel saving possibilities of each process or rule proposed in reducing fuel costs and assess where savings gained can be used to benefit the company, improve service, and add value. In addition, you must describe how management can track and monitor fuel consumption and delivery patterns. Lastly, you must recommend a focus of the fuel cost savings plan that utilizes all resources available to the company. This report must be delivered on time to the company president (your course instructor).
As an analyst, you should evaluate all resources available. Consider using the Smart Way webpage (see recommended websites), Instructor Guidance, the course textbook, library resources and additional sources to support your contentions.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page that includes:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the text.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- I’m willing to negotiate a good price