HSA 510 WEEK 10 ASSIGNMENT 4 STR LATEST
Assignment 4: Current and Future Economic Issues Impacting Health Care Sector
Due Week 10 and worth 240 points
Use the Internet or Strayer online databases to research five (5) of what you believe to be the most important and pressing economic issues that confront the United States health care industry today and will continue to do so into the next decade.
Provide a review of these issues in a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Provide a detailed description of the issues that you have researched.
- Analyze the most significant economic effects of the researched issues on health care industry. Provide at least two (2) examples of these issues to support your response.
- Suggest specific strategies that relevant entities / stakeholders may use to address the selected issues from an economic perspective. Justify your response.
- Determine the strategic manner in which the United States can apply best economic best practices from other countries in addressing these issues.
- Assess the likelihood of government and or private sector effectively addressing the issues.
- Use at least ten (10) current references. Five (5) of these references must be from current peer-reviewed sources to support and substantiate your comments and perspectives.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Assess current economic trends that influence the cost, quality, and access to care.
- Analyze the impact of managed care on cost, quality, and access within managed care organizations and the health insurance market.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in health economics.
- Write clearly and concisely about health economics using proper writing mechanics.