ETHC 445 WEEK 6 QUIZ ANSWERS
ETHC 445 Week 6 Quiz Answers (MCQs)
- What school of ethics would drive the commanding officer (CO) to follow rules and procedures?
- For the CO to think about what is best for all indicates what kind of decision making?
- If the CO’s conscience was bothering him while making a decision, reading up on what ethicist would have made him aware of his thinking and deciding?
- For the CO to be excessively afraid of upsetting the carrier air group commander displays what about his ethics?
- The maxim “I uphold only the ethical view that all rational beings ought uphold” follows _____.
- The CO’s practice of moderation in not taking excessive risks connects him with what concept of ethics?
- When the CO seeks the utilitarian solution for his dilemma, his reasoning follows what principle?
- If the CO fails to take action for the injured sailor’s welfare because it might damage his professional reputation, what kind of ethics is operating in the situation?
- To speculate about “what would the crew want to happen now” engages the CO in what ethics?
- A decision to ask the injured seaman what he wants to happen is what kind of ethics?