BUS 401 Introduction to Business Full Course Latest-TESC
BUS 401 Introduction to Business Full Course Latest-TESC
Introduction to Business Entire Course – TESC
You are required to complete six written assignments. The written assignments are on a variety of topics associated with the course modules.
Answer all essay questions in each assignment. Your answer to each question should be between 250 and 500 words (or approximately 1–2 pages per question, typed double-spaced). Be sure to proofread your work carefully for correct spelling, grammar, and clarity of expression.
The questions in the assignments require critical thinking. Take the time to determine what you need to include to present a thoughtful, complete response.
Formulate answers in your own words; do not merely copy answers from your reading materials. However, support the points you make with information from your course materials and from outside sources. Cite and document all sources of information with an appropriate reference.
Prepare your written assignments using whatever word processing program you have on your computer. Include your name at the top of the paper, as well as the course name and code and the semester and year in which you are enrolled.
Before submitting your first assignment, check with your mentor to determine whether your word processing software is compatible with your mentor’s software. If so, you can submit your work as you prepared it. If not, save your assignment as a rich-text (.rtf) file, using the Save As command of your software program. Rich text retains basic formatting and can be read by any other word processing program.
When satisfied that your assignment represents your best work, submit it to your mentor.
For help regarding preparing and submitting assignments, see the Student Handbook located within the General Information page of the course Web site.
BUS 401 Written Assignment 1
- What are the major differences between capitalism, communism, and socialism?
- Discuss the three major economic indicators and how they are indicative of our current economic climate.
- Identify the major strategies a business owner may consider when entering the global marketplace.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each of your points.
BUS 401 Written Assignment 2
- If you were to consider a franchise such as McDonald’s, Burger King, or Starbucks, what would you need to know?
- Develop a business plan, and justify each area in your plan.
- Discuss sources of funds one should investigate before tackling such a business endeavor. (Objective 2.3, 2.6, 2.8)
BUS 401 Written Assignment 3
- What leadership style would best describe the boss or supervisor you are currently working with or have recently worked with? Justify your choice of leadership style.
- What type of planning would each of the following job titles be concerned with: president, plant manager, supervisor?
- What are the operations management issues involved in both the manufacturing and service sectors?
- Discuss two (2) of the following issues involved in structuring organizations:
- centralization versus decentralization of authority
- choosing the appropriate span of control
- tall versus flat organizational structures
- advantages and disadvantages of departmentalization
BUS 401 Written Assignment 4
- What is the sequence of steps that should occur before you are hired for a full-time position?
- Describe the types of methods companies use to train their employees.
- Are Herzberg’s motivational and hygiene factors valid today?
BUS 401 Written Assignment 5
- List five advertisements from various types of media that attracted your attention, and discuss those characteristics that determined your selection.
- Using the product life cycle, describe a product at each stage of the PLC and support your choice.
- List and describe the 4 “p’s” of marketing.
BUS 401 Written Assignment 6
Why is some knowledge of accounting necessary to succeed in business? Provide examples. Name some of the major stock exchanges where securities are traded. Describe the characteristics of each. Describe the major characteristics of stocks and bonds. How are they similar? How do they differ?
BUS 401 Final Paper Latest-TESU
Take any simple item (e.g. a pencil) and discuss how every aspect of that product relates to every chapter from the manufacturing aspect to the purchasing of the final product by the ultimate consumer.
Instructions for Outline
You must submit an outline of your final paper to your mentor for approval and comment. Carefully read the instructions for the Final Paper and prepare a detailed outline of your proposed paper. Your outline should be detailed and contain all the main and sub-topics that you plan to address in your final paper.
Instructions for Final Paper
Explain every aspect in a 15-20 page report. Think carefully and describe how each chapter would apply. If you believe that a particular chapter does not apply please describe why.
Formulate your paper in your own words; do not merely copy from your reading materials and from Internet sources. However, support the points you make with information from your course materials and from outside sources. Cite and document all sources of information with an appropriate reference.
Your final paper is worth 15 percent of your course grade and should follow your approved outline.
Students please note: The date given as the due date for your final paper, the last day of the course, is the LAST date your paper will be accepted as “on time.” Do not wait until the last minute to begin your paper. You may, of course, turn it in early if you finish early. Any paper submitted after the final due date will be accepted only at the discretion of your mentor.
Discussion Forum 1
In Discussion Forum 1, post your response to the following discussion question. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- How can a business add to the quality of life and the standard of living in a community?
Discussion Forum 2
In Discussion Forum 2, post your response to the following discussion question. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- If you were going into business, what form of business ownership would you select (sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation), and why?
Discussion Forum 3
In Discussion Forum 3, post your response to the following discussion question. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- As a manager of a large organization, discuss your major functions in detail.
Discussion Forum 4
In Discussion Forum 4, post your response to the following discussion question. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- Are unions beneficial in today’s difficult economic situation?
Discussion Forum 5
In Discussion Forum 5, post your response to the following discussion question [topic]. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- What are the major methods of data collection companies use before making their products commercially available?
Discussion Forum 6
In Discussion Forum 6, post your response to the following discussion topic. Reply to at least two classmates’ responses by the date indicated in the course Calendar.
- Discuss the role of the Federal Reserve System (The Fed) in helping our current economic situation improve.
(Objective 6.17, 6.18)